The success of the FrameLink and VCE series of PCMCIA frame grabbers has positioned IMPERX as the world's leading supplier of frame grabbers for laptops. Using this experience as leverage, we have developed the FrameLink Express, a Camera Link frame grabber designed especially for ExpressCard laptops. It provides the functionality, performance and versatility required by today’s most demanding vision systems. The FrameLink Express is a highly versatile frame grabber capable of acquiring images from a Camera Link base camera. It features a flow-through pipeline architecture with an intelligent scatter/gather DMA engine providing over 235 Mbytes/s of throughput. A full software suite, including drivers, C/C++ SDK, and an application program, is provided with the card.
Frame grabber features
- Supports one Base Camera Link interface.
- ExpressCard/34 compliant providing 2.5 Gbps of bandwidth
- Intelligent scatter/gather DMA (235 MBytes/sec) for fast, efficient use of ExpressCard bandwidth and system memory
- Flow-through pipeline architecture for low latency
- Built-in CC pulse generators
- Many advanced features including lookup tables, histograms, RGB gain/offset with auto-white balance, hex pixel dump, etc.
- Bayer pattern interpolation
- Unique ‘auto-learn’ feature automatically recognizes camera parameters and simplifies CAM file creation
- Plug-and-play operation with hot insertion/removal
- Backwards compatible with FrameLink (PCMCIA) software